Thursday, 16 July 2015

Monday 13 July Sandusky, Lake Erie, Ohio

We have 160+ miles to drive today so got most of them under our belt on the I 90, at least until Cleveland.  Still seeing heaps of agriculture on the country roads as we drive parallel to Lake Erie.  The Interstate took us right over the city - just another dirty old town with a few modern multi story buildings mixed in with some lower level old structures, at least from the little we could see on our drive-over.

Apparently we are now in Amish country but have not seen any yet.  Admittedly they probably don’t drive their buggies on the I 90.  Stopped off at the Info Centre and got leaflets on the Carol County (accident – la la), the Amish community, Rock and Roll Hall of Fame etc. 

Got the “Welcome to Ohio” photo on the fly today as well!

We are now parked up at Camp Sandusky, just off the highway, surrounded by crops of something, I will find out what.  Very quiet here, being a Monday night, although it looks like there may be some crop workers living here.  They have had lots of rain here recently, we cut up quite a bit of glass trying to get onto our site, sorry team! 


Just getting dark at 9.30pm, still 80 F and the fire bugs are starting to be visible – OMG they are everywhere, I love those little critters!  

No comments:

Post a Comment